By Tom Casano
It is a very well-known fact that if anyone wants to do succeed in life, they must believe in themselves. We have to believe in ourselves and in our abilities because our inner faith will create our external results. People easily lose faith in themselves when encountering setbacks, failure and fear. Not many people live the life that they have always wished to live; they give up on their life goals as soon as they encounter the first setback. One of the main causes for this is that they do not believe in themselves. The world that we are living in is extremely competitive and challenging, and people start to doubt themselves and their abilities when they meet with failure. But a few failures are not the end. You must get back up again.
“Believe in yourself, and the rest will fall into place. Have faith in your own abilities, work hard and there is nothing you cannot accomplish.” – Brad Henry
1. Accept Your Current Situation: The first thing you need to do if you want to get back up and start believing in yourself again is to accept your current life situation. You have to make peace with how your life looks at the moment and what led to this situation that you are in. Fighting with your situation won’t do you any good. Being resistant is pointless, so we must accept first. Only then will we have enough energy to change our life.
2. Think About Your Past Success: If you are feeling down and out, use your past to get motivated again. Remember the time when you used to just kick butt. When you were awesome, and you used to rock it! Put yourself in that past and think about the awesome things that you used to do. Now remember that you can do it again. It is easy to think about the times when you got hurt, but it is just as easy to think about those times when you were successful as well. Use your past to your advantage.
3. Trust Yourself: This is one of the most important things that can help you get that belief and confidence back. All the energy, power, courage, strength and confidence is within you. Spend time with yourself to access it, whether it be through meditation, journaling, or activities that make you trust in yourself again.
4. Talk with Yourself: We are the ones who create who we will become. We do that every day by our daily beliefs and self-talk. It’s really important that we talk to ourselves and motivate ourselves. We don’t ultimately need others’ approval. You deserve your own self-approval and supportive self-talk.
5. Don’t Let Fear Stop You: Fear stands for False Evidence that Appears Real. It is the main thing that holds you back from believing in yourself again more than anything else. Face your fears and don’t let them stop you from achieving your goals.
6. Let Yourself Off the Hook: You have to forgive yourself for any failures or mistakes that you have committed in the past and move on. You have to look at the future and stop living in the past. Be compassionate towards yourself.
7. Go with a Positive Attitude: Having a positive attitude towards everything is the quickest way in achieving that belief and confidence in yourself. Be thankful for whatever you are and whatever you have. Always have a positive approach and see the good in the world.
8. Let a Life Coach Help You: A life coach is a professional that helps, supports, and guides you. A life coach can help you recognize your abilities and skills. They can help you refocus on your goals and remember your past successes. When you’re full of doubt, your life coach will believe in you and help you to believe in yourself again.
9. Keep Moving Forward And Never Look Back: There are going to be countless times in your life when you will feel down and you will feel like giving up. The voice in your head will tell you to stop and you will start to doubt yourself, but never listen to that voice. Be strong and keep moving on. Never give up on yourself. You have to keep on going and eventually you will reach your destination. And when you do, you will realize how much more powerful you have become.
10. Let Life Move You: Let your life follow its own natural flow. When you learn to follow your life’s flow, you’ll realize that life is marvelous and precious. If you let your life guide you, it will shower you with its gifts and riches. You have to accept the life you are given, and you have to learn to relax. Allow it to let you move in the direction you are meant to go, and you will find success.
“We all have different things that we go through in our everyday life, and it’s really important to know just at the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what you face, you know that you’re going to win at the end of the day. You got to believe in yourself. You got to believe in God, know that He’s going to get you through it.” – Kelly Rowland.